So, my college roommate and I are planning on going on a road trip to the Pacific Northwest next summer. Seeing as the furthest west I’ve ever been is Ohio, I am super excited for this and can’t wait to have this trip with one of my best friends. We are going to definitely go to many hiking spots, and I love to hike and take photos. I can’t even imagine how beautiful the scenery is going to be. Planning this has made me think of where I want to go throughout the United States and the world, so I’m doing a Top Ten Travel Bucket List!
- 10. Hawaii: It is simply paradise. There is no way that the pictures do the beauty of these islands justice. It just seems to be such a relaxing atmosphere. I’m not sure what I would enjoy more, exploring the islands and seeing volcanoes, or relaxing on the beach.
- Italy: More beautiful sites, rich history, wonderful food and wine, What else could anyone ever want? I would love to travel through Italy and would especially love to visit the historic sites in Rome or the ruins of Pompeii. Milan is rich with culture, especially concerning the arts and fashion but it is also is full of its own history. It is a balance of modern and past day sites. Sicily and Naples are other places I would like to visit, and I am sure if I ever had the opportunity, I would find more places to visit. Italy is full of culture, and I could not get enough of it!
- Amsterdam: Amsterdam seems like a really laid back place. It would be cool to go there for a relaxing, good time. They have festivals throughout the summer. There are beaches to lounge around at.They have a day this year where they are playing soccer in the streets! Amsterdam also has many different canals all over the place which would be cool. In the spring, tulip gardens are blooming. I love flowers, so that would be really pretty to see.
- Los Angeles, California: This would just be a fun trip. I would love to just be a tourist. I would want to explore Hollywood and Rodeo Drive. I wonder how close you can get to the Hollywood sign? I would definitely go to the Hollywood Walk of Fame and try to find the stars of some of my favorite celebrities. Venice Beach is another place I’d want to go. Los Angeles is somewhere that I would just want to explore. I would just want to walk through the city all day and see where I end up. I feel like it is a city that always has something to keep my interest! Plus, I have a sorority sister who lives out there, so it would be a great chance to visit with her!
- Las Vegas: This is another fun trip. I would love to go see the shows. This is my chance to win it big. It’s so easy to get lost in time in a casino, but if I was winning, I feel like it would be very relaxing! Here’s to hoping I have some luck on my side if I ever get to go there.
- Alaska: A few years ago, I had a friend who visited there for a few weeks. Her photos were absolutely amazing. Alaska would be a magnificent place just to explore. It would be amazing to see the Northern Lights. I would also want to go hiking. I can’t even imagine how breathtaking the mountains are. It seems like an entire new world. Even in today’s world of news everywhere and everything, you don’t hear much about life in Alaska. I would like to see what the world is like there.
- New York City: There is so much to do in New York City! I would love to see a Broadway show and go to the museums. To see the Statue of Liberty and explore Times Square! It would be an exciting time. I feel like it would be very different from anywhere I have been before with all of the hustle and bustle. I would love to visit a FDNY firehouse! That would be really cool. Another reason would be to pay my respects at the 9/11 site and memorial. I have heard the somber experience of others, and it is something I would like to experience myself.
- Boston, Massachusetts: I don’t understand why, but I have always wanted to visit Boston. In some ways, this is odd to me because I don’t like any of their sport teams. But there is significant American history in Boston that would be fascinating to see and experience first hand. It is a very picturesque city. I would love to see the Freedom Trail, Boston Common, and the Charlestown Navy Yard. I would love to see where the Boston Tea Party took place. Boston also has many great museums that I would love to visit.
- United Kingdom: As a history buff, the U.K. would be great to visit. I’d love to go to England, Ireland, and Scotland. In England, I would love to see the palaces, the Tower of London, and Westminster Abbey. I would want to visit sites all the way back to the Tudor period. The scenery in Scotland would be something to take in, as would the many old castles. I would like to go to Edinburgh and Glasgow. In Ireland, obviously I would want to go to Dublin, and I would want to learn to pour a proper pint of Guinness! The castles of Ireland would also be a sight to see. There is just something about the scenery of the United Kingdom
1. Paris, France: Five years of taking French classes, I would love to visit all of France from Nice to the Palace of Versailles. But my number one place to visit would have to be Paris. I can’t even imagine seeing the Eiffel Tower up close. I would love to visit the Louvre. This is a city rich with culture, and I would take it all in. There is significant beauty throughout the city and its neighborhoods. I would love to just explore and see everything about it. I want to experience everything from the food to fashion. I can’t even put into words how much I want to visit Paris and be part of that culture for just a few days. To me, it would be the coolest thing to sit in a little French bakery. Someday I’ll get there!