It’s been a few days I was pretty busy with a structure burn session class, and I had a week off from work where I’ve just been kind of recharging.
Happy Birthday to….me! Tomorrow, actually. For my 25th birthday, I’m doing 25 things about me.
- I have three brothers and am the second oldest. My brothers are 29, 22, and 11.
- I don’t have my driver’s license. While this sucks, it’s a product of my anxiety. I can go driving with anyone…until I have to take the test. Then I have an anxiety attack. I’m working on it.
- My favorite TV shows are NCIS, NCIS: New Orleans, the Walking Dead, and House of Cards. I also enjoy Law and Order: SVU and M*A*S*H.
- I am obsessed with Star Wars. I don’t remember a time when I didn’t love Star Wars and can’t wait until Episode VIII.
- I once wrote a letter to George Lucas in middle school and got a response from someone on his staff. They sent me two patches, an Indiana Jones one and a Skywalker Ranch one.
- When I was about 10, my hair started to curl and I thought if I cut my curls that my curls would go away. That didn’t work, but that started my love for short hair!
- I read the last three Harry Potter books in under 12 hours the first time I read them.
- I’m a superhero fan, and my favorites are Batman, Deadpool, Black Widow, and the Ninja Turtles. I’m not sure if the Ninja Turtles exactly count, but they do now. Go Ninja Go Ninja Go!
- I’ve spent the past couple years really struggling with my fitness, and I feel like now I’m on the right track. Joining the Y by my work was one of the best things I’ve done. I feel like I’m getting into a routine and finally making progress.
- I have a love-hate with running, but a lot of the hate comes from having plantar fasciitis. I’m hoping that I have gotten the right pair of running shoes and correct braces to rectify that. I love how I feel after a run. I also really enjoy doing the fun runs.
- Yoga works out my mind just as much as my body, and I have loved seeing how much I have progressed with it.
- I can’t not do anything. I’m on vacation this week, and I am having such a hard time doing nothing. I always want to be going. It has definitely been an adjustment post-graduate school.
- I want a tiny lightsaber tattoo on my leg, specifically Anakin Skywalker’s lightsaber.
- I love sports. A lot. Senior year of college, one of my roommates thought I was crazy for how much I would yell at the TV when I was watching a game.
- I enjoy writing. Writing poetry is probably my favorite, and I don’t do it nearly often enough. I like to take my poetry ideas from observations, whether it be something I see on the street or inspiration from a show.
- I was published at 22 in Fire Engineering on consolidating volunteer fire departments. Other than my Master’s degree, this is probably my proudest accomplishment to date.
- Someday, I’d like to publish a novel or get a screenplay on the stage or big screen. I have no screenplay writing experience, but that isn’t exactly stopping me. I’ll be headed to the Oscars, baby. Or write the next great American novel. Whichever.
- My biggest fault is that I always want everyone to get along.
- I make wreaths as a hobby.
- In addition to being a volunteer firefighter for almost 11 years, I’ve been an EMT since I was 16.
- I used to be a student athletic trainer and worked with my HS football team. I really enjoyed working with them.
- In the 3rd grade, I got really sick and ended up in the hospital. But the kicker here is before I ended up in the hospital, I hid the television remote and my family couldn’t find it for about six months
- I presented my Honors undergraduate thesis at the Pennsylvania state capitol.
- Every school I have gone to has had at least the colors blue and white. The only addition was red.
- I was an extra in “The Dark Knight Rises” with my older brother during the Heinz Field scene. You can see my lime green sign for about half a second.